Latest update: Two weeks ago we had a gathering at the pond and I needed to sample the fish. I controlled the netting, weighing, unhooking and decision on fish into the "eating" bucket and those to be released. Happy to report only one BG over a pound kept due to deep hooking. Forty BG caught and we culled 14 which I filleted for a later fish fry. About half scaled over the 16 ounce mark and a number of BG from 1 pound 4 ounces to a new record of 1 pound 8.5 ounces were caught. All who participated caught their personal best BG with the exception of two youngsters who would rather play with the crickets and the fish in the "eating" bucket. smile Consider the gathering a success. Hard to beat a great meal and quality fishing.

Sorry to say I didn't get a good photo of the new record. I was too busy making sure it was released quickly. Here's one I caught yesterday on my birthday on the 2wt. 1 pound 4.5 ounces on the two weight. After releasing I went back to the cabin and poured another cup of coffee. One was enough. I rarely fish the pond and limit myself to one or two large BG to keep the pressure at a minimum ensuring good fishing for our gatherings and occasionally guest.