Harvest update: I cast netted out 2 of the little LMB (4.75" and 5"), so as far as what I can see, I believe there's one little bass at about 5" and another bigger bass at about 12" remaining in the pond. Both are uncatchable.

Feeding update: The perch were stocked at the deepest end in front of the dam, but immediately most all went for the opposite, shallow end near the inlet pipe. For the first 4 days, most all schooled up in the shallow end near some submerged branches, and were quite easy to feed because so many were concentrated in probably 1/10 of the pond. Well, suddenly on day 6, there were only a couple in the shallow end. Now I've seen a few scattered all around in other parts of the pond, usually solo, and usually sitting on the bottom near cover near schools of YoY BG. It's nice to see them adjusting to their new habitat and starting to hunt, but now I feel like pellet feeding is pointless, because these YP are not agressive enough to eat a pellet that lands more than 5' away, now I can't easily locate them to know where to feed (little response yesterday in my usual spot in the shallow end), and the grass carp just go nuts eating most of the pellets.

Stocking/survival update: I found 1 YP floating yesterday. I tried to autopsy it to determine why it died, but it was too far decomposed inside. I assume it died several days ago. We also had an almost-tornado last night with 60mph winds, and one of my traps bounced into the water and of course it caught one of our stocker YP. I don't know if it was stressed by the trap experience or if it was already weak before that, but when I let it loose it was swimming around belly-up and could not roll over right-side-up. I tried to nurse it back to health a couple times, to no avail. I assume this one's dead now too.

I'm trying to diagnose why these fish are dying, and if we'll continue to lose more, or if we're probably just losing a few due to stress from transport, stocking, and adjustment to the new water.

Questions:
1. Is it normal for newly stocked fish to keep dying in low but steady numbers a week after stocking? Or at this point, is it no longer due to stocking stress and probably more a longer-term issue that will continue to stress them, such as poor water quality? I'm planning to have our water tested for water quality issues. I don't think there's any issue with DO or water temperature, but our pH and alkalinity are usually low and we haven't limed the pond in a few years.

2. Could some fish actually be starving to death already? I ask because we don't have a minnow forage base, just thousands of YoY BG, and I feel sure many haven't been eating pellets because I've probably only seen about 50 of the 150 feeding.