Thanks for the reply. I have pics that I can post or send if that helps. I just can't figure out how to attach them to this thread. To answer some of your questions: 1. the pond is 12-15 ft deep in the center and clarity is about 18-24 inches. I fertilized it about a month ago just before the fish were put in. 2. The fish do not clean up the food - they are just fingerlings and they are just starting to come to the surface to eat. I figured a short 4 second blast (0.8 lbs according to my feeder) twice a day wouldn't overfeed but give them enough to help start the training process. Do you think that could deposit too much feed in the pond? 3. Yes I plan on using plants around the bank but haven't decided on which is best to use. I want something that won't take over and relatively short if possible. 4. I was hoping to not use an aeration system. I do not see the pond daily (once or twice a week) and want it to be relatively self supportive. My concern is if I loose power without knowing it, I may have a fish kill.