Once the pond finally got out of the overflow pipe I went around and added a about 8 ounces around the edges. By next morning the pond was a deep olive green with just a hint of blue to it. I get no wave action at all, but just enough wind to keep the surface moving around. It's kind of neat watching the dye slowly spread with the almost unnoticeable current.

The FA around the pond only exists where it's been captured in the plants growing in the water. Any open areas are bare ground and beds are visible out to about 2 feet deep. Going to let things ride now that the surface scum is only pollen piled up on the windblown side.

I'm running aeration 12 hours now from 7p-7a and have been able to maintain a surface temp in the mid 70s and 70 at depth (temps taken midday). When the temps start to climb on top I'll cut back on run time to let that variance open up a bit on the bottom.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 05/23/19 04:51 AM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!