I often learn things here on the forum when posing rhetorical questions, which is why I do it. But I am not wanting to heat up any sort of disagreement.
I do have some understanding (and admiration) for the good ol' water molecule. Pretty cool they way it's density changes with temperature, and how it's molecular structure gets 'bigger' or 'fluffier' when it forms a sold (crystalline) structure.
I hadn't pondered the effect of particulates on radiant heat absorption as Joey points out, and I think it's an important point.
From the particulate point of view, I'm thinking the 'it depends' part pivots on whether things that run in our ponds dissolve (i.e. slip in the molecular space between the water molecules and become part of the solution) or suspend (float around between the water molecules, but not in their molecular space). And I have ignored the effect of pH and hardness, etc, etc. I know just enough to be dangerous. :-) So dissolved = golf balls wedged between basketballs; suspended = beach balls added to a bunch of basketballs
So I suppose my question (refined) is if dissolved particulates would affect the water's ability to hold oxygen (i.e. compete for space between the molecules)?

"Politics": derived from 'poly' meaning many, and 'tics' meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.