SORRY FOR THE NOVEL

My parents have a stock pond ( .85 acres) that I’ve fished since I was 5/6. My wife and I have a 4 month old baby girl, and this will hopefully be the pond that helps me get her to love the outdoors as much as I do. Spring fed clear water pond. Lots of vegetation, though I am not sure about structure.

In the spring of 2017 I caught one LMB that was 2.99 LB, but besides that 98% of the fish I have caught have been below .5 lb with nothing over 1.25 LB.

Last 6 catches: One 11 inch LMB, 2 eight inch bass, and 3 pretty good size Greenies.

Most bass I have caught recently have been 8-11 inches. There really hasn’t been any harvest, so I know the bass are over populated and there is not much bait in the pond. There is a Fish Truck coming through town tomorrow, and I plan to pick up at least 10 pounds of minnows. I understand that several are just going to be an immediate meal.

My plan is to take a 100 foot seine net, walk across the shallow end and drag to the bank (would cover approximately 40% of the surface area, but the main area is up to 16 ft deep). I’m going to sort the bass and greenies, remove most If not all of the greenies, begin tagging the bass, and probably remove some as well.

Over the next month or so, I would like to add at least 100 - bluegill, more minnows, and probably 100 channel cat, however I’m rethinking that after watching the live video from January ‘18.
We have a feeder up, but turtles eat most of that. They will be gone soon as well.
May add 1 LB of Tilapia to take care of the Algae and take the pressure off of the forage species, while dying off in the winter.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Cody Sandhoff
Sandhoff Services Pest & Termite
817-807-3641 cell
972-268-0331
Sandhoffservicesllc@gmail.com