Took my wife out on the pond. She likes to fish but would rather spend her time with the grandkids so it's been awhile since she has been to the pond. Got her in the boat along with our two dogs. It's tight with all that but it is what it is in the small little bass boat. This was her first time to bass fish the pond. I rigged her up a wacky worm and made the cast for her. She does not do well with a bait caster but it's all we had at the time. Her first lmb was in the 4 lb range followed by several more in the 3 lb range. She really had a good time. Not bad for an hr or so of fishing. We don't bass fish the pond much but when I do it's mostly for a survey but this time it was for fun. And based on her fishing I may need to start removing some of those 10 to 12" lmb. She caught about 5 in that size range. It's the first time we have ever caught lmb in the yoy size. Last year is the first time we had a successful lmb spawn. This spring is year 4 since our first lmb were stocked. One more thing is the lmb looked really healthy with the exception of one in the 15 to 16" range and I am pretty sure it was a male that had been guarding nest recently, he was pretty skinny but was a larger male.

Last edited by TGW1; 05/16/19 08:01 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy