In Spring I turn off my feeder depending on weather conditions - feeding can vary during cold fronts which leads to significant uneaten pellets/pending water quality issues and I shut down during nasty North winds 15 MPH+ which blows a lot of feed to shore. Missing a day here or there doesn't impact fish growth IMO, based on the compensatory feeding theory.

I feed multiple 1 second throws during Spring until weather stabilizes, then I might pump up to 2 seconds - I feed 15 minutes apart. I suspect my fish density is significantly higher than yours due to very high predator population to manage my BG, I'm wondering if you are feeding too much. Lusk says feed only what fish can clean up in 10 minutes...I use a 5 minute rule myself in order to watch the feed bill and potential water quality issues due to wasted shore blown pellets. Also, I want all my apex predators to be encouraged to hammer my BG population...feed is SUPPLEMENTAL after all, not the sole source of forage/nutrition.

With all that in mind, consider shutting down the feeder during adverse feeding conditions and monitor your feeding activity. You could be feeding too much. Try 1 second throws 15 min apart...

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]