I was watching one of Bobs videos last year and i believe i heard him say something like if you want to grow fish he would not recommend pond dies. My pond is 20+ years old, clear in the summer, real clear most of the time. Its a little over an acre and 11' at its deepest. I let the weeds take it for several years 10 years ago up until a few years ago. When i started trying to re-manage it i killed all the weeds and that fluffy green stuff on the bottom and darkened it with dies for 2 years. Last year i started watching and reading pond boss and started a new, little more informed approach "not using any chemicals to kill anything yet". Anyway this year i noticed my first algae bloom "pretty cool". Ive fed for several years added habitat, and have a bottom diffuser on the way. My fish are starting to come into it and the water is fairly happy "pretty cool". Now here my concern. My water is turning clearer already and the fluffy green stuff has formed a mat about a foot deep which is good i believe. Theirs no noticeable weeds in the water column only on the shore line again, which i believe is a good thing. But i dont want it to get out of control again like before. Im very happy with the progress ive made so far and i know this is just one component but is their more to the pond die thing than its not a good thing for growing fish. Any and all thoughts are welcome and appreciated. Thank you all before hand.

Greg R