Thanks for the reply! That was what i was gathering from reading, the problem is I am in Africa for work and will not be back to KC till mid June. Which means i will miss getting them into the pond earlier. I am planning as if there are no fish in it as of now. My boys have been fishing it so i should know if there are any fish by the time i get home. Luckily we have a ton of pallets laying in one of the barns so the egg laying surface ia covered. I will have to put some rocks in as my wife says there is some brush in the water already but ahe doesn't see much rock.

The pond is just an acre and the folks we bought from say it is 10ft in thr middle. If i get home and it is not i am going to drain and dig it deeper.

The goal is good fishing aka cold beer and a line in the water as i have 2 months between work. My wife loves fiah so we will harvest what is possible.

As for feeding them pellets i have not done enough research on here to tip me 1 way or the other.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." Doug Larson