Originally Posted By: SetterGuy
Originally Posted By: anthropic
Friend caught multiple HSB on soft shad lure. Vicious fights, none of his lures held together more than two fish. But water temps are approaching danger zone, will have to curb this soon.

I haven’t caught a single HSB since stocked three years ago. Any additional info on this soft shad lure? How and where did you fish it? Are you looking for some signs of the HSB working and cast to it? Don’t they stay out in open water? If any of mine survived, I’d like to at least see one, one of these days.
Thx

I think it was a silver Bass Pro Shad, SG. Retrieve was only a couple of feet deep at steady medium speed. Best luck was around my dock with two feeders nearby, LMB and HSB come around both for feed and CNBG that are feeding. Late afternoon/evening seem to be prime times, less activity in the morning.

70 HSB put in 1 year ago, about 10 per acre. We've even caught some on dark jigworms meant for LMB and CNBG, maybe they are hungry since don't have any TSH. Great fighters, if they jumped nobody would care about LMB.

Last edited by anthropic; 05/06/19 10:16 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160