Swampsnyper, thanks for taking the time to share and i agree with you, compared to your other options, soilfloc was a great invention!

I too found that applying one scoop of part A and B was too tedious. I actually used a hand grass seed spreader but loaded the spreader with 1 scoop A, then 1 scoop B, etc till full. I let the twirly at the bottom mix the two as it came out the bottom. It also gave a very nice even white coating on top of the water which then would slowly sink into a gel-y mess. By having a nice even coating on the water I didn't have to worry so much about pacing out the intervals on shore, I could see where I had been and just painted lanes of white powder as I went.

For me it helped to have a shore crew move me at a nice slow steady speed while I worked on cranking the seed spreader. I'm sure your idea of putting equal mixtures in a bucket, stirring thoroughly and then trying to throw it in a smooth high arc to get it to settle evenly would work well too.

Like you I agreed to buy more than I ended up needing. I did a fall application and then kept the rest dry and did it again the next spring. I ended up a year later doing a 3rd light application because I like how it works, and each application seemed to work a little bit more. I also wanted to focus a little more on the banks where occasionally we get high water and then wicking into the surrounding soil and grass.

Especially I notice the bottom in the shallows now instead of being loose sand is like a hard packed sand that you almost have to chisel through. If you try to take a stick and poke it into the sandy bottom it just won't go in. That tells me we have some pretty good congealing or sealing of the sediment particles.

Thanks for sharing!