Hi Jason:

Glad to hear the polymer treatment was successful - that's what I love to hear! Congratulations on the recent fish stocking also - now the fun begins.

I've witnessed some small fish [fatheads, small BG] suffocate due to polymer coating gills in windblown corners of ponds immediately following treatment [within 1-2 hours], but typically less than a dozen fish if any at all. The polymer sinks pretty quickly, within a few hours the window of risk is over as the polymer becomes part of your main basin/sidewall soil structure. If gill coating was responsible you'd see all the fish at once, not a few daily.

I suspect your BG morts are due to some stressed fish responding negatively to some other environmental factor - change in water chemistry, temps, low DO, or perhaps the fish were pretty stressed upon stocking. Thankfully you're dealing with just a few BG and they are cheap and easy to replace, but losing fish is still always a bummer - I've killed more fish than I can remember, unfortunately.
Feel free to contact me anytime I'll help however I can.

Congrats again on getting your leak issues under control and launching your fishery.

TJ

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]