You can also try this at your own risk of course. This may not be the best practice but I do it from time to time. With your air running in your pond. I have a 15 foot steel rake that's about 3 feet wide at the bottom looks like a large garden rake. I will get in my small boat with a trolling motor and have one person troll around the pond slowly as I drag the rake on the bottom of my pond and we will make a few passes that way specially in the area of most concern. Course my pond is only 10 foot deep max so this is not as hard. It mixes up that bottom pretty good though and gets things moving. I also use a certain bacteria product that I believe works well along with air. So here are my steps.

1. Get air, correct air going in your pond. That should be priority 1.
2. If you can stir up that bottom a bit. I do this twice a year.
3. If you believe it will help. Use some beneficial bacteria to help the muck reducing process get going!(There is a lot of controversy on the subject of beneficial bacteria) I wont mention any products here in this post, but if your interested in what I use IM me and I will let you know. Keep in mind any of this takes some time it does NOT happen over a few months. Maybe more like a couple of years and I am still doing it. lol but since 2010 I believe I have lost about 8 to 10 inches of muck maybe a little more out deep, I haven't checked lately. And of course if you have more cash to use you can buy more product to help. I only use this product twice a year, but it can be used more for sure. Some of it does depend on your budget that's for sure!

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!