My bride and I stocked a couple of grass carp today. Last summer we were seeing more Small pondweed, Potamogeton pusillus, than we would like to see and, to a lesser extent, Floating leaf pondweed, Potamogeton natans. I only stocked 2 GC in our half acre because I don’t want these plants completely gone, just would like to keep them under control some. I figure we can always stock more this fall or next spring, if required, to get the level of control we want. Since I was at Keystone anyway, I also picked up 5 pounds of GSH in an effort to bolster our limited population of them.

On a side note, while raking FA, I accidentally caught a papershell craw (PSC) with a tail that was covered with berry. My bride also caught one a week or so ago. Looks like at least some of the little guys are still surviving. smile

I also ordered some advanced size WE for ladder stocking this fall. The plan is to harvest a bunch of LMB this summer to make room for the WE in the predator base for the fall stocking.

Last edited by Bill D.; 04/26/19 04:14 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!