CC:

The FHM pond has made it a year now being exclusive FHM - at least as far as I can tell. This pond will be somewhat resistant to getting infected with other species due to its location on the side of a hill. Below is a photo of it taken July of 2017. Note in the background we have started piling trees to make way for my large pond. That pond does not drain into my minnow pond - in fact it got infected with BH, GSF and mosquito fish from deluges right as it was being finished from neighbors ponds upstream.

At the time of the photo, what is now my FHM pond was my poor attempt at a BG production pond. I had drained it in early in 2017, killed off lots of fish, then put in 55 adult BG. Hope was I would grow my own BG for the new pond. When draining in early 2018 it had lots of GSF mixed in with small BG. I had failed to get a complete killoff. Tough to sort, I gave up at 100 little BG. I did get 52 of my 55 big BG back though. I killed the hell out of the pond that time!, and stocked FHM spring of 2018.

Note when it was drained the second time, I used Oust XP herbicide on the mud and killed the lotus. It has 8 pallets in it for FHM breeding.

[Linked Image]