When I installed the aeration in my pond, it was in the heat of summer and my pond surface temp was teetering on 100*, so I immediately went to running strictly in the early morning to bring those temps down. This is the first time I've ran it during the day and am currently running 8 hours, from 10am to 6pm.

Today I took temp readings to check my variance from top to bottom. 3 readings, surface, 6 feet and 11 feet and found less than 2 degrees difference top to bottom, 67 on top, 65 at depth. That being said, I'm very confident that I'm getting complete DO saturation throughout.

Here's the dilemma... if I continue to run on this schedule, I'm eventually going to super heat the pond when it does get hot, so today I've cut the cycle down to 4 hours, which is still giving me better than 1 full turnover cycle.

Am I better off adjusting the run time to later in the day, or keep it on a mid day schedule? Stay at 4 hours or go back to 8?

My plan is to switch to night runs once the surface stays 80*f, but I want to try to avoid such tight variances, and still maintain a good DO saturation.

Need some insight from you more experienced pond meisters...please.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!