Next week I will be adding 300 3 to 4" Res to the pond. I will be adding them behind a blocking net. Plans are to grow them to the 5 to 6" size before releasing them to the pond with existing lmb and hsb. Overtons is supplying these Res. Also adding 50 lbs of adult Tp and some 14" hsb and a thousand 2 to 3" cnbg. Some of the cnbg are going into a floating cage to grow them to the 5 to 6" range. I have no experience with cage raising fish and my first and last experience adding fish behind a blocking net failed because the morning after first stocking I found a 16" lmb in the blocked off area and most all the stocked fish were gone. I found a hole or gap they swam through and where the lmb got in. The gap was caused buy some brush. So, maybe this time I will do a better job at keeping fish in and fish out. I am wondering what I might feed these Res behind the net. I thought I would hand throw some MVP, hopeing they will eat it and I also plan on catching some small crayfish and adding them and see what happens. Any other ideas on what to feed the Res?

Last edited by TGW1; 04/17/19 09:47 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy