Hey Tracy - Some of the flies ewest posted are very useful, some will just attract your BG; while this is fun, it will become an annoyance having to strip in line to release them and recast for your target small bass.

ewest basically covered the holy trinity of bass flies: smaller clousers (color is largely unimportant at teeh pointed out), wooly buggers with slightly larger hooks than your standard trout buggers, and small to medium-sized poppers. But one other fly I have also had success with is a mylar tube fly that has been UV glued or epoxied in some way with a light plastic lip on the front. It is a top water fly that dives when stripped.

Also a fun variance is to tie or purchase an Enrico Puglisi style baitfish fly using EP fibers. They can imitate a wide range of forage fish including shad, bluegill, minnows, you name it. Just use a big size split shot above your blood knot, ideally 6-12 inches above the fly to help it sink. Sink tip lines and/or sink tip tippet also helps to be at ideal depth.

Also I have had *some* success with a redfish spoon fly. Bass will eat almost any fly that you would use for redfish. Tight lines!

I subscribe!