Great new S-G, Your trap should give an eye opener on what is lurking in the shallows. Let us know what you have and post pictures. Your perch fry should be further along in growth compared to mine depending of they can escape the predation of the GSH and that there is ample 'green water' for them to find micro-critters to eat.

I heard mallard ducks will eat YP eggs, I have a pair that has been at the pond the last week. I watched my perch ribbons and they did not eat one of them, but they have been tail up much of the day eating something else that is down in between the oak leaves in the shallows. I would hope they are ghost shrimp but I doubt there are any anymore.

I hope the mallard pair doesn't displace any wood ducks. I have some taj mahal wood duck houses up and really hoping we can entice a pair to nest there. Last year my camera put a date stamp of April 13 and 14 on the day where a pair of wood ducks made an overnight stopover at our pond.

We had 3" of snow yesterday as a freak snow event, hoping the woodies find our puddle and think it looks inviting

anyone know if mallards and wood ducks would get along?