Hey Tracy, I'm following your startup almost verbatim. Up to 2 hours yesterday and elevated diffusers about 22 inches. Biggest difference is my diffuser base doesnt have a plate under the diffusers and I dont get the thermocline. I do see a variation in temp from top to bottom of about 6 degrees however, so there is some cooler water on the bottom.

Do you always start your pump at the same time every day or just allow so much time between each run?

My biggest problem is algae bloom, and I'm trying to decide how long a run is sufficient enough to help reduce the nutrients they're feeding on. We figured I'm getting a complete turnover every three hours. Dont want to run 24/7, but I'm thinking a 12 hour cycle may be enough. That gives the pond 4 cycles per day.

I'll be switching to nighttime runs when the surface temp stays 80 degrees. It dropped to 60 yesterday with some new watershed, but my algae bloom is pretty strong. Really need to get it under control.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 04/13/19 08:43 AM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!