Just an update on my pond build! Just wanted to let you all know I have not gone away. Met with 3 contractors and all three are very knowledgeable and have built a lot of ponds between them. All three on time and very professional! It was great meeting all of them on the property during the last few days and walking around the possible pond site and discussing the build and design. Next step is to have the site shot to get a better understanding of how many yards of dirt will need to be pushed and trees to remove. Once the pond site is shot and we come up with a plan, the contractors will be able to submit their bids based on each having he same plan. In the mean time I will start checking references. Currently I think its going to be a difficult decision once the bids are in and if they are not to far off from each other. I could not be happier with my choices for possible contractors. They each bring something unique to the table for the build. More updates to come as the process continues.