Originally Posted By: Mike Whatley
Originally Posted By: anthropic
Picked up 7 sacks of Optimal feed in Longview. Put new battery in Texas Hunter feeder on forage pond. Only half a dozen CNBG in there now, but should be a lot more in a month after they spawn.

CNBG, LMB, and even HSB went crazy at 7:15pm feeding. LMB and HSB particularly loved the great big Optimal Hand Throw feed, though I did see a few ambitious CNBG pecking away at it. Good for them! Only drawback is that the commotion attracted a GBH, 2 cormorants, and 2 geese.

I bought a GBH decoy last week and havent seen a single wading bird on the pond since. When I sit on the porch in the evening, I see several egrets and even a few rosset spoonbills circle above the trees with interest, but once they see the decoy, they move on. May be worth trying one at your feeder, but I dont know if it'll have much affect on the geese.

Thanks, Mike. Worth a try! I do try to time feeders to go off simultaneously, which makes it harder for birds to focus on one spot. Still, hate seeing geese steal food and cormorants eat fish.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160