Originally Posted By: anthropic
Picked up 7 sacks of Optimal feed in Longview. Put new battery in Texas Hunter feeder on forage pond. Only half a dozen CNBG in there now, but should be a lot more in a month after they spawn.

CNBG, LMB, and even HSB went crazy at 7:15pm feeding. LMB and HSB particularly loved the great big Optimal Hand Throw feed, though I did see a few ambitious CNBG pecking away at it. Good for them! Only drawback is that the commotion attracted a GBH, 2 cormorants, and 2 geese.

I bought a GBH decoy last week and havent seen a single wading bird on the pond since. When I sit on the porch in the evening, I see several egrets and even a few rosset spoonbills circle above the trees with interest, but once they see the decoy, they move on. May be worth trying one at your feeder, but I dont know if it'll have much affect on the geese.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!