Originally Posted By: Vortex 4
I feed MVP and have tried some Aquamax LMB that I get from the local feed store. ($42/ 50lb bag.) I am their only Aquamax customer.

The Cargill rep stopped by and saw the Aquamax. He dropped off a free Triton Aquafeed 4512 for me to try. It has good numbers. Lots of protein (45%) etc. The protein comes from "animal protein products, plant protein products". Not sure what that means. Chicken feathers?

Well I'll give it a shot and see what the fish think. No idea on the price difference.

Anybody use this? I feed LMB and CNBG. I'm sure the CNBG will be fine with it, more concerned with the LMB.

On a humorous note. The tag says "This feed is designed to be fed fish." So I guess I'm supposed to feed fish to the bag of feed?

Vortex I feed the 4512 at my pond and they eat it up faster than I can get it to them . Had used other feed and they were not doing well on it (thin) within several weeks after switching to 4512 their body conditions was much improved. Have not fed it to LMB on purpose cause I don’t have any feed trained LMB other than a few that trained themselves