Sorry guys, I have not posted a response to all of your thoughts on my problems because of deer season.

First I would like to address a few of the explainations as to how this problem came about. I do not over fish my pond and as proof, to date I have caught and released a total of ten bass in three years. I do fish maybe once a week for catfish but that about it and very rarely do I fish for bluegill. As for the size of my pond, it is a little under a 1/2 acre, not a large pond by any means, but not so small as to be a contributing factor in my problems.

As for the bass eating the pellets. Some of you believe that my bass were pellet trained before they came to my pond. Maybe, but doubtful as they were about the size of a small minnow when first stocked. What really puzzles me is that they would rather eat the pellets than eat the bluegill. I have been trying to catch one of the bass to perform a autopsy and see what he as been eating. Maybe this will shed a little light on the subject.

This problem is not something that I can't overcome. I built the pond not as a trophy pond, but as a place I could relax and unwind from the stress of my job. If the bass just want to eat the pellets and not my bait well that's allright by me, but I am scared that they will overpopulate and eventually take over. But hey there are other pressing problems in this world. If this is all god has given me to deal with then I guess I'll be thankfull (LOL)