It does seem cormorant populations in many places are on the rise and impacting fisheries negatively - it makes sense to me if they are damaging property steps should be taken to protect one's interests. There's a way to do so, legally, at least in some states - which I wanted to share in my post.

Lastly - friendly reminder to the forum to avoid making sweeping generalizations negatively characterizing groups that steer us into political, religious, or environmental waters. We've been down this road before, and it ultimately lead to good contributors leaving the Pond Boss Forum family. However, regarding the point made, no clue how one could characterize someone interested in protecting non game birds as a "wacko". Follow the appropriate channels to resolve the issue and it rather becomes a non issue - and one may not feel compelled to resort to denigrating others. That's a good day in my book.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]