What Quarter Acre has suggested about releasing a live trapped skunk is correct. I've used the following technique over the years to release 20 or more perfume kitties. I've also let friends borrow my live trap and explained the release technique well enough to them that they've successfully followed it. It works for raccoons and foxes, and even rock squirrels.

I approach the trap with skunk with an old blanket hanging in front of me, shielding my image from trapped animal. I drape the blanket over the trap, pick up the trap by grasping the carrying handle through the blanket, and pack the works to my pickup.

At the release site, I place the covered trap on the ground. For extra security, I like to chose a spot alongside a log, large rock, tree or stump, etc. I ease the blanket back from the door end of the trap enough so that I can unlock and raise the door. I have a small diameter wooden dowel which I slide through the wire sides of the trap, holding the door open, then back away several feet or more. The animal nearly always takes part of a minute to realize the now open door means freedom. It then bolts out in the case of a 'coon, or ambles out in the case of a skunk.

In the couple of occasions when a skunk exited the trap immediately, while I was still squatting and positioning the wooden dowel, the animal seemed to pay me no mind and simply wander away, tail at only half mast, to fully erect.

I agree, this would make a good YouTube video. Have fun with it. Once you try it a couple of times, it won't seem scary at all.