The water mocassin was nothing at first. I was running in tall grass near a creek and it felt like my foot had hooked over a garden hose. I shook it off and forgot about it. It bit me on the calf. A few hours later my dog bumped my leg and OUCH! It was a big egg on my leg that hurt like the Dickens. Then blood started pooling in my foot and up my leg. I took a benadryl. It was better in a few days. Took a few weeks for the bruising to clear up. Copperheads and water moccasins are really not bad. The vet tells me if the dog gets bit, just give her a benadryl.

The rattlesnake was different. It felt like a sledgehammer when it struck. It hit my ankle. Swelled up my leg and made me sick. Three days later a broken fang worked its way out of my skin. Took a few years for the scars from the fangs to fade. I did not get treated.

4 acre pond 32 ft deep within East Texas (Livingston) timber ranch. Filled (to the top of an almost finished dam) by Hurricane Harvey 9/17. Stocked with FHM, CNBG, RES 10/17. Added 35lbs RSC 3/18. 400 N LMB fingerlings 6/18