I developed the stocking of my 1/4 acre pond with the idea of making it a Big Bluegill Fishery. The HSB are the population control for the HBG, supposed to simulate an overpopulated and stunted LMB population. I ended up stocking 500 (2-4") HBG, 40 (4-6") HSB, and 90 (2-4") RES. I feed pellets and have plenty of aeration. I am going on my second summer with gamefish in the pond.

The above is what I am basing the thought that your HSB number seems low. If you are wanting a HSB fishery and your hybrid panfish (HBCP and HBG) do not reproduce very much then I would think you would want more HSB. IF 40 HSB in my little pond will do a good job of keeping the HBG in check, I think you would want more HSB to keep your hybrid panfish populations under control. I hate to guess that HSB number as my pond has not proven itself, but I will guess a range that it should be increased to...120 to 400. LOL, I'm not much help am I?

Consider cutting out the 400-1" HBG. I am afraid that they would end up being food for the 3-4" HSB. My HSB grew much faster than my HBG and at 4-6" long would pound 1" long BG for snacks.

Fish on!,
Noel