Zep, it's not hard to learn on how and where to set the traps. Brian (Highflyer) taught me. At the time I never realized I would have to keep traps running year round. And how much that info would come into play at my place. When you buy your 330 traps be sure to buy the piece that helps to set the trap. Can't recall what the piece is called but it is shaped like a large pair of scissors with out the cutting edge. A cheater so to speak. Another thing is I always add some brush or limbs that might detour a horse, deer, cow or dog from taking the path to the trap. Something that and otter can go under without restriction but might stop a larger animal from taking the same path. I am not sure it really works but makes me feel a little better and I have not trapped any larger animals yet with this method.

So, while at the pond yesterday, I ran off Cormorants and I killed my first snake. I suspect it was a water snake but not sure because It change color from the first time I saw it. First time it looked like a copperhead might but the second time I saw it was almost black as it was sunning itself. For me, snakes at the pond are like Otters and Cormorants, I hate em!

Last edited by TGW1; 04/03/19 07:09 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy