Sunil - I've responded via PM, since I'm quickly becoming a 'my-privacy-is-dying-due-to-tech-and-the-internet' tinfoil hat wearing hippie.

I'm about 1.5hr away from Somerset, so in East Jesus Pennsyltucky terms, that counts as next-door neighbors. We used to play baseball and basketball against some teams from Somerset County (Shanksville, Berlin, Meyersdale), a place known to us as the only spot in the lower 48 with year-round snow. During basketball season, even in years with no snow elsewhere, there was always a 3-ft wall of snow along the road that started seemingly immediately upon entering Somerset County. One year during a gorgeous, warm spring, we played in Shanksville in late May, and there was still a bit of snow on the ground. I've also crossed the state/country a handful of times on clear and sunny days elsewhere, but there was an isolated snow storm or monsoon rain only when passing through Somerset County. Maybe I'm just lucky and it's a fluke, or maybe there's some kind of vortex that sucks down storm clouds and hangs onto them over Somerset County. If I can trust my low-light vision, I'd say that the Somerset area would be quite a beautiful patch of Earth in the event the Sun ever decides to shine there. [/end picking on Somerset session]

Feel free to pick on my county; I'm sure all 6 residents would be offended.