Hey Everyone,

My wife and I recently moved to a farm with two large ponds. Both of them have cat tails and other tall weeds started, but the one in the picture really has them bad, almost completely covering half of the shoreline.

Questions -

1. What herbicide do you recommend for maintaining shoreline vegetation on a pond. Preferably something that would kill grass and broad leaf. I know enough not spray Roundup in a lake, so I need an education on what I can safely spray here. The fish are incredibly healthy (6-8 years since they were stocked and there are already some very big fish in here). If I have to let it grow up and just weed eat it from a boat, I will, but hopefully there is a way to spray 2-3 times a year and keep things in check?

2. After I kill off what is there, what could I plant that would be good for the wildlife, but not grow like a jungle? I I guess I would love to some shoreline buffer sort of ideas. I don't think I'm up for trying to line it with Rip Rap at this point, so it will need to be vegetation or plants of some kind.

Thanks so much!

Attached Images
IMG_7247.jpg