Originally Posted By: ewest
Do you have osprey ? They can be hell on shallow nesting fish.

We do have a few in the area, being this is a massive swamp bottom, but so far I haven't had any here at the house. Luckily, my pond is so small, I dont think they give it a second look.

The front that passed through has got the wind blowing out of the NW now and all the pollen has piled up on the bank where the bed is, so it's real hard to see anything right now.

I did get a glimpse of "3" this afternoon, still hanging around that area. "1" finally came back to the bed late yesterday, but I didnt see him today. Everything was acting very lethargic. I'm sure the drop in temps will put them off for a few days. To be honest, I dont expect them to do much until the next full moon.

I did see something yesterday that I've never witnessed before..."2" was swimming through the area with a big BG following right under her. It appeared it was pecking at her vent. I dont know if she was leaking eggs or just doing her businesses, but something sure had that BG's attention.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 03/15/19 05:59 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!