It's happening here right now! I'm stoked!!! I only have 3 NLMB in my pond, and I've watched them for the last week cruising together and feeding heavier. I've named them 1,2 and 3. One is distinctive due to his hunch back and maybe 13" long, 3 is by far the largest of them all, now pushing 16", 2 is about 14".

When I got home I went straight to the pond and found 1 sitting in the middle of a freshly cleaned spot in about 20" of water and 3 was staying close at hand, hovering back and forth about 3 feet away and running off anything that got too close. 1 would occassionally swim out to her and nudge, bump and bite her sides.

2 made a brief appearance but 3 kinda pushed it off. It think 2 may also be a hen, as it's got a pretty good belly on it.

Thankfully my water clarity has moved down to better than 4 feet, so watching the ritual should be pretty easy...and fun!!

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!