That depends on what part of Texas you're talking about. LMB in the furthest southern region are likely to be mostly post spawn already. I live in Sw La, around the same latitude as Houston, and I'm still waiting to see signs of a spawn. My fish are feeding very actively now, so they've either already spawned, or they're getting ready to.

Rule of thumb is LMB go into prespawn when surface temps reach a consistent 55*f, feeding increases prespawn, with the spawn usually starting at around 65*f. My pond never got down to 55, so I'm not sure what stage they're in, TBTH.

Florida's LMB spawning is dictated by how cold the water gets during the winter. If it doesnt get cold enough, the spawn will either be very light to non-existant, because there isnt a trigger (significantly warming water temps) to tell them it's time. But FLMB may spawn sporadically throughout the summer months.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 03/11/19 05:59 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!