Originally Posted By: gehajake
Welcome to the forum, I actually am an excavator here in Boone county but do mostly residential construction, have done several small ponds including a few NRCS ponds here in Boone County, but I have track-loaders and track-hoes, not really what you need for moving a lot of dirt a long distance as needed for larger ponds, that being said I know pretty much every excavator in this area, I actually have one of them assisting me with a 16 17 acre lake at this very moment, still lack a couple days being completed, I did my own core on this one but most of the ones that I know would not consider doing one without being cored out to good sealing clay, I am a member of the Missouri Land Improvement Contractors Association, or MLICA, which is the local chapter of A National Association of Land Improvement Contractors, I would be more then happy to get you a list of Excavating Contractors, some of which the majority of their work is pond building and land terracing. also the local NRCS office will be glad to get you a list of names that build ponds for them, obviously to their sringent specs, with completely satisfactory results, (they wont be on their approved list very long if they don't do a good job).

Now when you get ready to build your house I may be able to help you on that, it's what I do, including onsite sewer systems, water and sewer lines. Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions I can answer!

You would not happen to be Jake Gingerich? Jake send me a list if you have some names in PM if you would. I will definitely keep you in mind for the excavation for building a house and septic work. I hope to put a septic in later this year.