It was a day of 7s here today. The air temp was 78f, the surface temp was 72f and the Ph measured 7.5. The fish are getting really active. My three LMB were cruising around together, first time Ive seen that since I transplanted them last year. The largest of the three looks to be around 2 lbs now, and they all look really healthy. Actually saw the biggest clear water in hot pursuit of some kind of panfish and all three have been busting heads on and off all day. I'm going to lay off feeding again for a while longer, so my bigger fish will have to feed naturally, but I'm thinking I may start back up around May.

I walk the pond every day hoping I'll see one of my LMB making a bed, but so far...nothing. If they don't do something soon, I guess I either have all boys or all girls. Not a totally bad situation, but I really hope I might get a little recruitment from them. The water temp is definitely warm enough now, but there is no sign of any active beds and since they're all cruising, I'm kinda doubting they're ready yet.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!