My owl house was misheard by a cousin as outhouse so I now have both. A bat house was discussed just last week! I need another project anyhow.
I will hide some floating pallets in the shallow area that has tall standing weeds. Going to war against the mosquitoes. During big events there will be large amounts of water but the area is 2+ac so the current should be fairly distributed.
Yesterday when it was still below freezing I easily saw mosquito larvae slowly swimming around. I doubt the cold had any significant affect.
My best friend does environmental assessments. He is bringing a cool toy this weekend that tests salinity, DO, PH, resistivity and several other levels. There is an old shallow saltwater storage/evaporation pond we added a diversion ditch to that is filled with cattails. I am really curious about the salinity in it and everywhere else. There used to be a lot of saltwater storage ponds in the area. Basically every oil well had one. 5 on our place alone...Only the one with cattails regularly holds water.

How are you going to know unless you try!

NW TX 2ac main pond fed from 1100ac watershed going through 2 2+ac sediment ponds. 1st filled 10/2018
900BG, 200RES, 200HBG, 100CC and 23# FHM...."Free" BH, GSF GSH, LMB & ??? 75LMB 3/2020
I subscribe!