Sunday was fun! Decided to use my GoPro! Found a really nice school of FH above the fish crib. Was hoping to see a BG or CC but no luck. The 2" poly line tree has really good algae growth but no fish were observed. Surface temp was 48 and 44 today. More surface activity tonight than I expected. The temp is going to drop more tonight.
Someone suggested using pool test strips for the water. Dave1 I believe. So many good discussions here! About $10 at Wal-Mart. Based on my extremely novice understanding of the results I believe it is pretty good. pH 8ish, alkalinity 60, hardness 400, acid 0. No chlorine! hahaha
Unfortunately my "new" yellow Lab met his first skunk. He was a city dog a few months ago and probably thought it was just another cat. He took the hit right on the nose...foamed at the mouth, eyes watering and just sad. The smell is better but still there and will be for a while. My other Lab already learned, hopefully, to stay away from those cats.

Attached Images
Crib Fatheads.jpg Moving Spider Crib.jpg Pool Test Strip Results.jpg Skunked in the Face.jpg

How are you going to know unless you try!

NW TX 2ac main pond fed from 1100ac watershed going through 2 2+ac sediment ponds. 1st filled 10/2018
900BG, 200RES, 200HBG, 100CC and 23# FHM...."Free" BH, GSF GSH, LMB & ??? 75LMB 3/2020
I subscribe!