I have a lined pond, two years old, one half the size of your proposed. The initial fill and top offs are provided from a water well. It has two bubble aerator outlets and a central lighted fountain. Mine is stocked heavily with fish, getting supplemental feed, with some now large catfish that stir up the sediment. The aerators also stir up sediment. I decided to install a pump and sand filter which does a lot of work...dumping pounds of brown "dirt" and green algae on each back flush. I also depend on bacteria enhancement...bottom sludge and circulating...which has proven effective at providing happy water. Finally, I tried liquid flocculant to clear suspended particles. That stuff is fantastic, clearing water in minutes (but adding to sediment). The water looks great for quite awhile, but the cycle of dirt, leaves, and fish waste continues seasonally. With a thought to swimming, aerators will give you substantial control over water temperature: Hot summer? Run the aerators during the cooler hours. Cold winter? Run the aerators on warmer days. Ha ha! That's exactly what I do for my fish.

Dan McWhirter
DannyMac