Starting a thread for my new project. We are in the process of moving into a house on 7.5 acres with an existing pond which is a little over 1/10th of an acre and was dug 20 or so years ago to a depth of 14 feet. There are also 2 "creeks" on the property that run on the east and west sides of the pond. Previous homeowner says they have caught LMB, BG, NP, BCP, and some other species they can't identify.

Plan is to totally start over by pumping out the existing pond and expanding it to the NE into the currently unused area between the two creeks. The eastern creek is a tile drainage that starts about 200 yards to the south, so I may see if I am allowed to incorporate that into the pond to give a little more space and potentially a flowing water area that stream minnows could successfully spawn in. Either way, the pond will be 1/2 acre or slightly larger when finished. Planned species are SMB, RES, YP, and forage minnows (FHM and GSH for sure).

The area planned for expansion is currently overrun with willows, so my initial project will be to clear that area out. That will probably be about as far as I will get this year with the other projects I'm planning for the rest of the property, but I may get the expansion done later this summer/fall.

Attached Images
Pond.PNG
Last edited by lmoore; 06/16/20 07:20 AM.