When the place was purchased, we did not get much information on the house or pond. It wasn't exactly a friendly exchange at the end. The information that we did obtain didn't seem to truthful. People can read between the lines on that. From what I can gather is that the pond is in the neighborhood of 10-15 years. As far as the muck goes, I don't think there is a lot. I've fished a ton of ponds that seem to have dirt/mud bottom but this pond is more like a gravel pit. It is a clearer pond with gravel bottom so it appears and the sides drop off quickly. The previous owner said he dug the pond to 30' but hit the water table and had to plug it with clay? I find it hard to believe that it is 30' deep. I do have a portable depth finder that I will use once the weather warms. I did notice that last August/September that the pond didn't drop much at all, at most a foot to a foot and half. Also with the heavy rains since last fall and this year, the pond came up several feet but went quickly back to normal pool. It seems to stay at a constant level. I think he hit the water table but not sure. I also think that the soil in this area is not deep and the pond bottom matches the local area. The pond is in close proximity to two large gravel pits in the area. The bluegill that were caught were of good size and somewhat plentiful but not overly abundant. The bass were not plentiful but did seem healthy and not skinny. The pond is not choked with weeds and is a rather nice looking body of water. I know a bigger body of water can hold more fish/big fish and I want my kids, both of my brothers kids and other family members to have a great time. The livestock will not be using the pond and the watershed appears to handle it fine. The pond does not have a dam or high bank and to my limited knowledge appears to be fed by run off or a spring. I will have to figure out how to post pics soon as that will help.

wannapond0001: interested in your pond guy.