Originally Posted By: Mike Whatley
Originally Posted By: mattmonster1991
yeha i didnt catch a single crawfish in my 3 traps today i went n checked them nothing even got inside of them to eat the bait i guess due to the major flood that where i put them there wasnt anything guess i have to wait till the water goes back down to normal levels right now the woods are completely flooded

That really surprises me Matt. I live in the Sabine River swamp basin and a lot of guys trap the swamps for wild crawfish. Before he passed, my brother trapped the swamp religiously every spring and would catch up to several hundred pounds daily, but his catches were always better during high water events. As the water dropped, so did his weights. Do you find any sign of crawfish (towers, shells, etc) around the area you set your traps? I assume you're setting them from the water's edge.

well i didnt put it in the swamp part as is aid the whole woods were under water lolz soi just tossed them in the woods hoping he crawfish wouldgo outside of there normal swampy parts and explore the new areas idk when the water will go back down hopefully in a week n half maybe?then ill go try again