Originally Posted By: Rainman

... (clip) ....What is the source of water for the pond? Just runoff from your watershed or is it stream/spring fed? Do you own all the land in your pond's watershed? If not, do you know if other ponds upstream will drain into your pond? ....

Hi Rainman. There are two smaller ponds that drain into this one, plus about 4 or 5 healthy springs. It never comes close to running dry, even in the worst drought here in 1986---down only about 2 feet.

The crappie were a "gift" from a neighbor years ago. He didn't tell me about it until after he did the deed.{sigh} But they didn't take over. The contractor said he saw a 2.5 foot catfish while working. I figured all the catfish would be gone by now. It's predominately bream, and a moderate number of bass.

Ironically, since the water level has been down because of the broken standpipe, there has been a large increase in the number of minnows and frogs. I speculate it's because of more cover around the edges. Weeds have popped up in the more shallow parts.

Thanks for replying