Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
When I work with clients anything at .25" daily or under I attribute to evaporation and strongly discourage investing time and resources to chase it. Just not worth the $$ and hassle. Considering some areas in the country experience daily evaporation rates as high as .5" I don't professionally consider .25" daily a leak at all as that's less than 2" weekly. I'd invest that $$ into supplemental irrigation [well] if that minor seep bothers you that much. Just my advice - save your $$.

Thanks TJ, I retire in August and hope to spend a bit more time up there. My 1/4” a day number was based on averages. But we did receive some rain during the period I was measuring. Most were between .1 and .5” with very little if any runoff. So it might be a little more than .25”
There’s little doubt in my mind that the water in the ditch (pictured) is coming from my pond, but with no or very little current it’s hard to measure. It’s just always there.
I still have some soilfloc left. Although it’s been in the barn all winter, and it’s been a cold one. Will the low temps effect the soilfloc? And what temp does the water have to be to use it?
Thanks again,
Jeff

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023