WAP0001, I'm always amazed when talkin minnows that this isn't mentioned more. All advice Bill Cody gives me is very welcome. However I think the best thing he ever advised me about was stocking minnows. FH are like the Gomers of the minnnow family. Not real smart and pretty slow. I stocked 10 lbs in my 1/4 ac pond and did'nt sort em. Got some CC hitch hikers that have reproduced and are now eating pretty large YP, SMB and make it tough ta ladder the HSB. I also way over stocked the HSB with 40. In about two weeks the HSB had almost eliminated the FH. Quickly caught 28 HSB and removed. Talked ta Bill about it and gave him a good laugh. He did advise me to stock BNM and SPS as they can escape predators much better than Gomers. The BNM reproduce the same as FH. The SFS spawn in crevices. Spawning structer for them can be easily made with CD discs and the plastic rings on milk jugs and powerade bottles as spacers. Every yr I have sooo many SFS that they never seem to diminish in #s.
Also, having some vegetion for hiding places is important. I planted Red Tip Eelgrass. It has worked very well.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.