I thought I'd do an update. Still no gully washers for me, but I've had a lot of smaller rains, and the pond has kept inching it's way up. I went by yesterday and it was the highest it's been so far. Not by much (about 6"), but it's nice to see it higher than it's ever been. I knew it was getting close to being back up to where it was last March when it first came up but soaking it all up, so I started comparing pictures from then and now, and it's been higher than last March for about two weeks now. I think it's at about 10' now and has about 9' to go. Still seems to be doing the same as far as when it comes up to a new level it drops a little faster at first, then slows down when it's been around the same level for a while.

For a little while there, I was hoping for no rain so things could dry out enough so I could have my pond builder come out and work on my watershed area to improve my run off. Then I twisted my bad knee a few weeks ago, so I went back to hopping for rain until my knee gets better. lol!

Bob

I Subscribe To Pond Boss