Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciate it.

Dave:

I agree entirely. As much as I would like I simply do not have the financial resources to stock the pond in a commercial manner. That is why I have limited the number of bass I have introduced and spread it out over two years. There is a fairly significant bluegill/panfish presence. I can throw a cast net and catch a dozen silver dollar size pan fish without to much issue. Same goes for golden shiners, although they tend to be much more elusive. There is also a significant tilapia population, beds all over the place, dont know how they got there, as I have never released any.

Mike:

I will take your advice and stay clear of it. The reason I was considering it is because there is a lake nearby to me that has a significant amount of hydrilla in it. It is exceptionally deep so it hasn't been able to take over.

I was considering the exact same thing myself for hyacinths or Water Lettuce. They seem like excellent habitat, but have the unfortunate habit of utterly taking over.

I've heard that plants like hyacinths and Water Lettuce are good at removing heavy metals from water.

I have seen Eel Grass, but it has always been in moving bodies of water like rivers or streams. Can it be grown in a stagnant body of water like a pond or lake? How do I grow it? Just pluck it out of a river a put in a bucket and dump it in the pond?

What is BOW?

Why arrowheads? I currently have transplanted "Hardy" water lilies, the variety with the spherical yellow flower and they seem to be doing well, just wish they would spread a little faster.

Are there any particular trees I should stay away from? Green or dried?

I am 100% willing to deal with hook magnets in order to maintain a more natural aesthetic.

Anthropic:

Thank you for the tip, I will be keeping a sharp eye on them.