What are the water temps that BCP prefer to spawn in? I understand they may be the first to move up to spawn. Then again I thought the Bg would be the first to move up to spawn. I don't know the answer. I'm pretty sure that Bob Lusk has said we might get a Bg spawn after a few warm days of Feb here in E. Texas. So, yesterday I spent some time at the pond checking out the water temps, not for BCP spawn because I don't have any. I was just checking for the bg. The Temps were 52 from 3' to the surface and 48 to 49 from below 3' to 9'. I would check deeper but my probe cord is only 9' long. My water depths are 10' in one section and 12' in another section divided by an under water ridge or road bed. And Pat, every time I have Overton's out for a fish delivery they will get water temps and my temps always run the same as theirs. I bring this up because you are really close to Overton's Fishery and I would suspect the temps are pretty much the same. And we are starting a week of 70 degree weather today and that will increase water temps some.

Last edited by TGW1; 02/02/19 08:47 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy